RJ Industrial is headquartered in Flint, Michigan. We offer various positions within our organization ranging from skilled and trained torchmen, crane operators and drivers. We also offer positions in our headquarters and remote branch offices. If you are interested in applying for a position within our great company, please fill out the following application and email to the address listed on the contact page. All emails for applications will be submitted to the Human Resources Department ( Jobs@RJInd.com )
WE HAVE 2 OPEN POSITIONS!
Heavy Equipment Operator – Scrap Metal Processing
Industrial Scrap Metal Processor in need of an Operator in Battle Creek, MI.
We are looking for Heavy Equipment Operator that take pride in their equipment and work.
- Operate heavy equipment such as excavator and/or loader
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Operate two-way Radios and other communication equipment
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
- Stock Piling
- Material Handling
- Load trucks
- Service torch men processing material
- GED preferred
- Essential skills such as working with others, problem solving, decision making, job task planning and organizing
- Own Transportation and Valid driver’s license
- Must wear steel-toed safety boots and required to wear during work hours
- Operator experience is preferred
- This position requires working outdoors, rain or shine
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation time (after 60 days probation period)
- 6 Paid Holidays (after 60 days probation period)
RJ Industrial is looking for a highly motivated heavy metal cutter. Prefer experience with cutting heavy/thick steel with a 6 ft cutting torch. Must have good attendance and safety record. Having a valid driver’s license and vehicle would be an asset.
- Use a Liquid Propane and Oxygen Smith torch to cut scrap to specific sizes
- Required to move some materials by hand (usually less than 50#). While performing these duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use their hands, use tools, kneel, crouch, bend over and hear well
- Regularly work near moving heavy equipment such as cranes and wheel loaders
- Required to work outside in all weather conditions except when lightning is present
- Required to wear steel-toe safety boots, leather gloves, hardhat, face shield / safety glasses, hearing protection, leather spats cotton or flame resistant clothing
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- Reads, understands and follows Company Policies and Procedures
- Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities
- Willing and able to work away from home for lengthy periods of time on different projects
- English language – verbal, reading and written
- Must be able to lift 25-50 Lbs.
- Be fit for work every day