RJ Industrial is headquartered in Flint, Michigan. We offer various positions within our organization ranging from skilled and trained torchmen, crane operators and drivers. We also offer positions in our headquarters and remote branch offices. If you are interested in applying for a position within our great company, please fill out the following application and email to the address listed on the contact page. All emails for applications will be submitted to the Human Resources Department ( Jobs@RJInd.com )
WE HAVE 2 OPEN POSITIONS!
POSITION: Yard Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Yard Supervisor over operations of Battle Creek yard
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- This position is responsible for supervising the processing of scrap as efficiently as possible while promoting an accident-free and environmentally compliant workplace.
- The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of tools and equipment used in a scrap yard including but not limited to: torches, cranes, loaders, forklifts, bobcats, shears, balers, and other production related equipment. Computer and other related equipment.
- Supervises employees and contributes to personnel decisions including hiring, discipline including and up to discharge, raises, and annual performance evaluations.
- Enforcing Company safety rules inclusive of personal safety compliance
- Ensuring safe working conditions and practices are followed in the yard
- Ensuring all operating equipment is in good condition; notifies maintenance supervisor of any problems
- Reporting all accidents to Human Resources within current workday
- Submitting written accident report and investigation to Human Resources within 24 hours
- Training and supervising direct reports
- Managing truck-loading activities while concurrently managing ferrous and non-ferrous production
- Communicating and coordinating material flow with trucking dispatcher
- Recommending new methods, procedures and equipment designed to reduce yard operating costs
- Studying staff level and recommend changes necessary to meet production schedules
- Ensuring maximum recovery on material from scrap in the yard consistent with established cost recovery methods
- Making recommendations regarding upgrading ferrous and non-ferrous scrap materials
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3 – 5 years applicable industry experience or related industry.
- Undergraduate degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Must be willing to work in shop area and an out-of-doors environment in all types of weather.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have computer skills: Microsoft office, Microsoft word & excel. Be willing to learn inter-company software used for all scrap transactions.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills with the ability to find suitable solutions for productivity, environmental, safety-related, and employment issues.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical
RJ Industrial is looking for a highly motivated heavy metal cutter. Prefer experience with cutting heavy/thick steel with a 6 ft cutting torch. Must have good attendance and safety record. Having a valid driver’s license and vehicle would be an asset.
- Use a Liquid Propane and Oxygen Smith torch to cut scrap to specific sizes
- Required to move some materials by hand (usually less than 50#). While performing these duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use their hands, use tools, kneel, crouch, bend over and hear well
- Regularly work near moving heavy equipment such as cranes and wheel loaders
- Required to work outside in all weather conditions except when lightning is present
- Required to wear steel-toe safety boots, leather gloves, hardhat, face shield / safety glasses, hearing protection, leather spats cotton or flame resistant clothing
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- Reads, understands and follows Company Policies and Procedures
- Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities
- Willing and able to work away from home for lengthy periods of time on different projects
- English language – verbal, reading and written
- Must be able to lift 25-50 Lbs.
- Be fit for work every day